1. Shop wisely and buy toys that meet safety requirements.
2. Ensure toys are age appropriate
3. Keep small things out of your child’s reach
4. Beware of food allergies
5. Immediately discard plastic wrapping on toys, which can cause suffocation
6. Keep children out of the kitchen
7. Remove alcohol from your Christmas desserts
8. Lock away medicines
9. Be cautious with candles
10. Turn off Christmas fairy lights at night and check smoke alarms
You can also download this festive checklist as a PDF.