Acorn Health & Safety
Unit 2, Tower Lane Business Park, Tower Lane, Warmley
The programme provides the skills, knowledge and understanding of first aid for mental health and how to effectively support those experiencing distress. We will employ a variety of teaching techniques to meet the needs of individual delegates who will learn how to:
- Spot early signs of mental health issues and how to provide initial help to anyone experiencing issues
- Preserve life where a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others
- Promote recovery and good mental health
- Guide someone towards appropriate treatment and sources of help
- Understand the stigma that exists around mental health
- Apply the mental health action plan within the context of mental health issues including depression, suicidal crisis, anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
Should you have any questions relating to the accessibility of this course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
PLEASE NOTE: This course focuses on employees in the workplace and covers subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm. The delegate can leave the course at any time if they feel overwhelmed
This course is of 2 days duration and includes a buffet lunch each day
Method of Assessment: Multiple Choice Question Paper
Book Online or call 0117 958 2070
If you are booking on-line for the first time a new user account will be created for you automatically and your login details emailed to you for faster checkout next time.
For changes and updates to your account details please call us on 0117 958 2070
Sorry, this course is fully booked.
Prices exclude VAT at the current UK rate.