Abrasive Wheels Training – HS13
Abrasive wheels training is designed for managers, supervisors and users of abrasive wheels, including angle grinders with grinding or cutting wheels, cut off saws and bench top cut-off saws.
“Best manual handling I’ve been on so far. Plenty of practice with different equipment and scenarios. 10/10”
Why do our customers choose us?
Our courses are delivered by knowledgeable and enthusiastic consultants and trainers all of whom considerable, hands on practical experience which is reflected in our grounded, pragmatic approach.
Teaching 18,000 delegates a year, Acorn Health & Safety offer training to individuals, groups and entire staff teams. We are committed to providing excellent training delivered in a relaxed, yet informative style.
How do we approach abrasive wheels training?
Accidents involving abrasive wheels are more common than many people realise and nearly half of them are the result of operator error or unsafe systems of work.
It’s a mandatory requirement under PUWER 1998 that all users must be competent and all users must be trained to ensure they have the knowledge, understanding and skills required to use tools safely at work.
The course content includes:
- Introduction to abrasive wheels training
- Regulations and the legal responsibilities of both the employer and employee. Understanding your legal duty: PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) 1998 and Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Hazards & Risks involved including hand arm vibration, dust and respiratory hazards and conducting a risk assessment
- Noise action levels, lower and upper daily exposure levels
- Wheel markings · what they mean – what you need to know
- How to carry out pre-use checks and inspections of equipment and safe operation of the equipment in the working area including the maintenance and correct and safe storage of equipment
- Importance of personal safety and product specific PPE with examples
- Bench Grinders, Petrol Cut Off Saw, 110V and battery handheld can be covered if requested when booking
- Practical session using available equipment
- Test paper/ questions/ handouts and review
This course is of 3 hours (half day) duration.
What should you expect from Acorn Health & Safety?
We’ll provide delegates with a variety of printed course materials including workbooks and handouts. On successful completion of this course delegates will receive a printed courses certificate and photo ID card.
Post course our team of consultants and trainers are available to answer any questions you might have. You’ll also receive an automatic reminder prior to course expiry.
Our ‘Abrasive Wheels course’ is just one of over 60 courses we offer. Acorn Health & Safety provides training and consultancy in first aid, fire safety, food safety, manual handling, healthcare training and health and safety.
Our ‘in-house’ course programmes are the most cost effective option if you’ve a number of staff requiring training, and in many cases can be adapted to include reference to local policy, practice and documentation. These courses can be delivered either at any suitable venue or you can hire our purpose-built training centre located in Warmley, Bristol, whichever is best suited to your needs.
We also run a rolling programme of ‘open courses’ which are particularly suited for individuals or organisations that only have a few delegates or those looking to release small groups of staff at a time.
Please contact us to discuss all of your training needs so we can advise the most suitable and cost effective solution.
For other courses, relevant to your industry or sector please see our industry information page, alternatively we have found that people attending this course also attend:
Not every course can be 'off the shelf'.
Our tailored health and safety training is aimed at meeting the needs of customers who have specific subjects to be covered within their health and safety staff training.
Find out more
Open Course Diary
Aimed at businesses and individuals requiring specific training or those with only a few members of staff to train our open courses run regularly throughout the year and cover a variety of different subjects.