Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) – HS18
SMSTS, a Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) course is one of the most highly respected qualifications for site managers. Training helps delegates gain an understanding of legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites.
Asbestos Awareness: “Course contents and delivery was excellent. 10/10”
Why do our customers choose us?
Our courses are delivered by knowledgeable and enthusiastic consultants and trainers all of whom considerable, hands on practical experience which is reflected in our grounded, pragmatic approach.
Teaching 18,000 delegates a year Acorn Health & Safety offer training to individuals, groups and entire staff teams we are committed to providing excellent training delivered in a relaxed, yet informative style.
How do we approach SMSTS Training?
Our course programme employs a variety of teaching techniques to meet the needs of individual delegates and includes the following:
- Intro to health and safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions
- Overviews and explanations of relevant construction activity legislation
- Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements
- Risk assessment and ‘principles of prevention’
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring
- Management of contractors
- Development of ’safe systems of work’ and permit systems
- Effective communicating
- Behavioural science including awareness of human error
- Motivating safety behaviour
- Recognition of an organisation’s duties and responsibilities
- Recognition of responsibilities of managers, supervisors and operatives
- Production of site activity instructions
- Planning for health and safety within the context of a project
Delegates who attend and successfully complete this course will be awarded the CITB Accredited Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course certificate.
This course is of 5 days duration.
What should you expect from Acorn Health & Safety?
We’ll provide delegates with a variety of printed course materials including workbooks and handouts. On successful completion of this course delegates will receive CITB registration and on successful completion the Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course certificate, valid for five years.
The ‘SMSTS’ course is just one of over 60 courses we offer. Acorn Health & Safety provides training and consultancy in first aid, fire safety, food safety and manual handling, healthcare training and health and safety.
We can provide a wide variety of accredited or tailor-made courses, these can be ‘in-house’ or ‘open’ programmes.
Our ‘in-house’ programmes can be tailored to your requirements, ensuring your training is relevant and cost effective, working with you to cover multiple topics if required.
We run a rolling programme of ‘open courses’ which are great for organisations that only have a few delegates requiring training at any one time, or require training to be spread throughout the year. Please contact us to discuss all of your training needs so we can recommend the most suitable and cost effective solution.
For other courses relevant to your industry or sector please see our industry information page, alternatively we have found that people attending this course also attend:
Not every course can be 'off the shelf'.
Our tailored health and safety training is aimed at meeting the needs of customers who have specific subjects to be covered within their health and safety staff training.
Find out more
Open Course Diary
Aimed at businesses and individuals requiring specific training or those with only a few members of staff to train our open courses run regularly throughout the year and cover a variety of different subjects.