Acorn Health & Safety provide flexible solutions for many departments in local authorities including Bristol and Cardiff City Councils, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
Emergency First Aid at Work: “Found it the most informative First Aid course I have done. 10/10”
Why do Local Authorities choose us?
Acorn Health & Safety is a leading provider of health and safety training and consultancy in the South West. Our trainers and consultants come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds and have considerable, hands on practical experience which is reflected in our grounded, pragmatic approach.
With over 10 years of experience providing health and safety consultancy and training to teams and departments in County Councils, District/City Councils and Parish/Community/Town Councils whatever your need, we can help.
An example of the types of work we undertake includes:
- Successfully tendering for the delivery of asbestos awareness training
- Running bespoke working at height training for care takers
- Providing first aid training to cover leave / increased capacity
- Providing bespoke and general safety training
- Providing training in the handling of children with complex physical needs
- Reviewing, commenting on and writing medication polices
We’ll work directly with individual teams and departments, or provide training and consultancy of behalf of training and development, health and safety or human resource departments.
Where certified training or evidence of quality assurance is required we are proud to hold the following accreditations and training centre registrations:
- UKAS ISO 9001:2008
- Qualsafe Awards (First Aid)
- Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (Health and Safety)
- SMAS Worksafe Consultant (SSIP Schemes)
- Contractor Health & Safety Assessment Scheme (SSIP Schemes)
- College of Occupational Therapy Endorsement (Manual Handling Trainer Training)
This ensures that the delivery of training courses and consultancy services including health and safety, first aid, healthcare, food safety, fire safety and manual handling is of the highest standard.
How do we support Local Authorities with practical health and safety training solutions?
Acorn Health & Safety will help your staff learn and understand your policies and procedures by incorporating them into tailored training. We provide training in the following areas, all of which are relevant to local authorities:
- First Aid
- Healthcare / medication
- Food safety and E-Learning Food Safety
- Practical Fire Safety and E-Learning Fire Safety
- Practical Manual Handling and E-Learning Manual Handling
- Health and Safety and Health & Safety E-Learning
- Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Awareness E-Learning
- Workplace and Wellbeing E-Learning including Data Protection in the Workplace, Equality, Diversity and Discrimination, Introduction to Personal Safety for Lone Workers and Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
What should you expect from Acorn Health & Safety?
We will assign you a dedicated and competent health and safety professional who will gain an understanding of your needs and be on hand to provide help and advice or comment you need. Following any piece of consultancy work we are available by phone or on e-mail, so you can contact us easily, if you need our assistance or further advice.
We can provide a wide variety of accredited or tailor-made courses, these can be ‘in-house’ or ‘open’ programmes.
Our ‘in-house’ course programmes are the most cost effective option if you’ve a number of staff requiring training, and in many cases can be adapted to include reference to local policy, practice and documentation. These courses can be delivered either at any suitable venue or you can hire our purpose-built training centre located in Warmley, Bristol, whichever is best suited to your needs.
We also run a rolling programme of ‘open courses’ which are particularly suited for individuals, organisations that only have a few delegates or those looking to release small groups of staff at a time.
Please contact us to discuss all of your training needs so we can advise the most suitable and cost effective solution.
Whatever your health and safety needs are, our ‘Hassle Free’ retained consultancy service is here to help.
For one-off assessments or, a tailored approach, we offer a wide range of consultancy services speak to our consultants to discuss your needs.
Health and safety for Construction, Building Management and Trades businesses, made ‘Hassle Free’ with our retained consultancy service.