Acorn Health & Safety provide flexible solutions for many departments in local authorities including Bristol and Cardiff City Councils, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
“The Acorn trainer has been kind, funny, up to date and competent. 10/10”
Why do Local Authorities choose us?
With many years of experience providing health and safety consultancy and training to teams and departments in County Councils, District and City Councils, as well as Parish, Community and Town Councils we can help you with whatever you need!
An example of the types of work we undertake for local authorities includes:
- Successfully tendering for the delivery of asbestos awareness training
- Running bespoke working at height training for care takers
- Providing first aid training to cover leave / increased capacity
- Providing bespoke and general safety training
- Providing training in the handling of children with complex physical needs
- Reviewing, commenting on and writing medication polices
We’ll work directly with individual teams and departments or provide training and consultancy on behalf of training and development, health and safety or human resource departments.
Where certified training or evidence of quality assurance is required, we are proud to hold the following accreditations and training centre registrations:
- UKAS ISO 9001:2008
- Qualsafe Awards (First Aid)
- Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (Health and Safety)
- SMAS Worksafe Consultant (SSIP Schemes)
- Contractor Health & Safety Assessment Scheme (SSIP Schemes)
- College of Occupational Therapy Endorsement (Manual Handling Trainer Training)
This ensures that the delivery of training courses and consultancy services including health and safety, first aid, healthcare, food safety, fire safety and manual handling is of the highest standard.
How can we help you with practical health and safety training solutions?
Acorn Health & Safety will help your staff learn and understand your policies and procedures by incorporating them into tailored training.
We cover training in the following areas, all of which are relevant to local authorities:
- First Aid
- Healthcare / medication
- Food safety and E-Learning Food Safety
- Practical Fire Safety and E-Learning Fire Safety
- Practical Manual Handling and E-Learning Manual Handling
- Health and Safety and Health & Safety E-Learning
- Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Awareness E-Learning
- Workplace and Wellbeing E-Learning including Data Protection in the Workplace, Equality, Diversity and Discrimination, Introduction to Personal Safety for Lone Workers and Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
Whatever your health and safety needs are, our ‘Hassle Free’ retained consultancy service is here to help.
For one-off assessments or, a tailored approach, we offer a wide range of consultancy services speak to our consultants to discuss your needs.
Health and safety for Construction, Building Management and Trades businesses, made ‘Hassle Free’ with our retained consultancy service.