In recent years candle sales have increased by 50% in the UK and every year contribute to around 2,000 fires, 22 deaths and over 600 injuries. As Valentines day approaches and romance is in the air, Acorn Health & Safety are showing we care….
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Candles cause fires
They also burn too!
Our candle top tips:
- Always put candles on heat resistant surfaces, ideally in a proper holder
- Be careful with tea lights, which can easily melt plastic including TV’s
- Be aware of other items around candles that might easily catch fire
- Keep candles out of draughts
- Put candles out before you go to sleep and if leaving a room
- Put candles out with a spoon or snuffer rather than blowing them out
Danny Street, Director