These days, all Fire Extinguishers may be red but that does not mean they are all the same. There are 5 main types of extinguishers and it’s important you use the right extinguisher on your premises: Water, Foam, Dry Powder, CO2 and Wet Chemical.
We provide basic fire safety courses that will provide the necessary theoretical knowledge and confidence in current practices and procedures, helping you to remain legally compliant and protect your business, employees, and customers.
Our fire awareness and fire extinguisher course is aimed at all levels of staff that have a fire safety responsibility that may need to operate fire extinguishers.
Our course programme employs a variety of teaching techniques to meet the needs of individual delegates and includes the following:
- Fire precautions regulations / legislation
- Chemistry of fire and how fire spreads
- Types and classifications of fires
- Common causes of fire
- Hazard spotting / hazard reduction
- Fire extinguishers – theory
- Fire extinguishers – practical with live fire
We provide meaningful and relevant fire safety training within our portfolio of Fire Safety courses