Manufacturing and Engineering
Whether you require a health and safety presence on-site or ad-hoc advice and training, Acorn Health & Safety are on hand to protect staff, contractors and others from the known hazards within the manufacturing and engineering environments.
“The Administering Medication training was helpful in understanding about EpiPens and how to administer eye drops.”
Why do Manufacturing and Engineering businesses choose us?
From regular on-site presence to ad-hoc support and advice, Acorn Health & Safety can develop a complete health and safety management system or provide site-specific manual handling consultancy and machinery risk assessments.
Where specialist knowledge and assessments are required, we are pleased to be able to recommend several providers with expert knowledge in areas including occupational hygiene, noise, occupational health, legionella, and local exhaust ventilation (LEV).
We are also a 'Worksafe' consultant through Safety Management Advisory Services (SMAS) and accredited by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) for the delivery of health and safety training programmes.
Acorn Health & Safety works with organisations of all sizes, from sole traders to large manufacturing and engineering businesses. No matter your size or needs, our team of consultants can offer their advice and assistance to meet your business needs.
How can we help you with our practical health and safety consultancy solution?
From as little as £125 (+VAT) a month our 'Hassle Free' retained consultancy service provides a bespoke health and safety solution specific to the needs of your organisation.
Our consultants have an extensive range of experience in the manufacturing and engineering sectors which includes:
- Development of health and safety management systems
- Support with SSIP scheme accreditation
- Audit, review and site inspections
- Emergency management and business continuity planning
- Training and development
- Qualitative face fit testing (QFFT)
- Accident and incident investigation
- Preventative maintenance planning of plant and equipment
Our ‘Hassle Free’ retained clients can gain ad-hoc advice and consultancy on topics including:
- Risk and method statements (RAMS)
- Health and safety policy development and review
- Manual handling
- Risk assessment
- Asbestos awareness
- Fire risk assessment
With your best interests in mind, we will deliver the advice, documentation and training you need to comply with the law and meet the requirements of any accreditation schemes, up to and including OHSAS 18001 standard.
How can we help you with practical health and safety training solutions?
We offer flexible courses that provide you with the evidence of training required for industry-specific accreditation schemes. For example, BESA and other general health and safety management accreditations such as OHSAS 18001.
Your training with Acorn will efficiently ensure compliance by identifying your needs and delivering the courses you require in a timely, cost-effective fashion.
We can train your staff our training centre in Bristol or on-site at your convenience to cause as little disruption to your staff schedules.
Our 'Toolbox Talks' are 20-minute training sessions delivered on-site to provide your employees with relevant information and knowledge at a time to suit you.
We cover training in the following areas, all of which are relevant to the manufacturing and engineering sectors:
- First Aid
- Practical Fire Safety and E-Learning Fire Safety
- Practical Manual Handling and E-Learning Manual Handling
- Health and Safety and Health & Safety E-Learning
- Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Awareness E-Learning
- Workplace and Wellbeing E-Learning, including Data Protection, Equality, Diversity and Discrimination, Introduction to Personal Safety for Lone Workers, Behavioural Safety and Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
- Construction, building management and trades
Whatever your health and safety needs are, our ‘Hassle Free’ retained consultancy service is here to help.
For one-off assessments or, a tailored approach, we offer a wide range of consultancy services speak to our consultants to discuss your needs.
Health and safety for Construction, Building Management and Trades businesses, made ‘Hassle Free’ with our retained consultancy service.