We are always looking for qualified, professional and dynamic trainers to join our team and help us deliver a full range of courses on sessional (freelance) basis and often recruit for additional posts. All of our live job vacancies can be found on this page.
IOSH Managing Safely: “Just wanted to say a big thank you for your training sessions over November. H&S is not a typically exciting topic but you are really engaging and we appreciated the time you took to get to know our businesses and how the course relates to us individually.”
Acorn Health and Safety are a growing provider of health and safety training and consultancy services, based in Bristol but working across the UK.
Established in 2000 we provide training to over 16,000 delegates every year across all business sectors, we also work extensively in the health and social care sectors. Over the last couple of years, we have grown significantly, securing a number of local and national contracts in addition to increasing our own portfolio of open courses here in Bristol.
Working for Acorn Health and Safety Ltd:
- We undertake teaching observations on all sessional trainers when they join Acorn Health and Safety, and annually from then on. This may be undertaken on a course near to your location, alternatively we’ll invite you to our offices in Bristol
- We ask that all trainers participate in regular CPD, including sessions we run on an annual basis
- We provide a competitive rate of pay, travelling expenses, overnight accommodation and subsistence
- We provide Acorn Health and Safety shirts/blouses and a name badge. We also provide lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations and training materials
How to join our team:
In the first instance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a copy of your current CV and providing a little more information about yourself and we’ll be in touch.
Sessional Trainers - Ongoing from March 2023
We are looking for qualified, professional and dynamic trainers to join our team and help us deliver a full range of courses on sessional (freelance basis). If you hold a recognised adult teaching qualification, relevant subject specific qualification and can back this up with experience and a passion for supporting others in their development we’d like to hear from you.
We are particularly keen to recruit trainers for the delivery of a variety of first aid, people handling and fire marshal courses.
You can view the full job description here
Quality is at the heart of our business and we are proud of our UKAS Accredited ISO 9001:2015 accreditation.
We pay a competitive day rate, travelling and overnight accommodation where required and welcome applications from trainers running independent businesses as well as those looking for occasional work on a zero hours basis.
We currently have regular work for the right trainers in central England, North East, North West, London, Canterbury, Bath and Bristol
Trainer Specification Requirements:
- You must hold a recognised adult teaching and assessing qualification or equivalent professional qualification
- For first aid training you must hold a recognised ‘first aid at work’ qualification as a minimum or hold a recognised exemption
- For people handling training you must hold a recognised train the trainer qualification, you will also be required to participate in our one-day trainers update course as part of your induction
- For other courses you must hold appropriate professional qualifications and/or experience
- You must be able to provide, or willing to purchase a full set of training equipment that meets our internal standards and those of our awarding bodies. On some occasion you will also require access to a laptop and data projector
- A training portfolio, that provides evidence of courses taught
- Public liability and professional indemnity insurance of at least £5,000,000
- Access to appropriate transport, with appropriate insurance covering business use