Complex Manual Handling needs
At Acorn Health & Safety, we work across a wide range of care environments providing advice and consultancy on the moving and handling of clients with complex handling needs.
Entusiastic and informative. Good to have a person that has worked in the field.
Why do our customers choose us?
Our specialist, trained, and knowledgeable moving and handling consultants are registered nurses who pride themselves on adopting a grounded and pragmatic approach.
We have considerable experience of assessing clients with complex handling needs whether they reside in a community setting, require advice in preparation for discharge following a stay in hospital, or in response to an incident or adverse event.
Customers come from an equally diverse range of organisations and businesses but choose Acorn because we’ll keep you on the right side of the law, whilst recognising that health and safety needs to compliment your day to day business activities.
How do we support health and social care customers with the handling of clients with complex manual handling needs?
We’ll typically meet with a representative of those involved in the delivery of care, the client and others as required. This might include family members, advocates or other health care professionals such as occupational therapists and physiotherapists.
Our initial work will involve (as appropriate) a review of:
- Moving and handling policy
- Risk assessment documentation
- Current staff training and that which might be required
- Current methods employed to support the moving and handling of a client, together with alternative means of moving that might further improve both client and staff safety
Acorn Health & Safety adopt a holistic approach, taking into account the needs of clients, staff, the wider organisation that which you are seeking to achieve.
What should you expect from Acorn Health & Safety?
On completion of this consultancy, will receive:
- A manual handling risk assessment
- Written safe systems of work
- Comment and or/review of moving and handling policy
- Advice, comment and support on current evidence based handling practice
Following any piece of consultancy work we are available by phone or on e-mail, so you can contact us easily, if you need our assistance or further advice.
For more information on Hassle Free for Construction, Building and Trades sector