Construction, Building Management and Trades Organisations
In recent years, our client base in the construction, building management and trades sector has grown significantly with many businesses choosing Acorn as their provider of competent health and safety advice and training.
“I just wanted to say a big ‘Thank you’ for my training. I had an incident last night with my son, he was struggling to breathe due to aggressively being sick. If it wasn’t for the skills your trainer taught me, I wouldn’t have known what to do! He was rushed to the children’s hospital by ambulance, and is OK now and in safe hands, but it just made me think I only went on the course a few weeks before so I’m glad it helped me. I had him in the perfect position where he wasn’t choking on his own sick and I would have never known that if you hadn’t taught me so a very big Thank you!!”
Why do construction, building management and trades organisations choose us?
Our trainers and consultants come from a wide variety of backgrounds and have considerable, hands-on practical experience, much of which is from having been ‘on the tools’ themselves.
Working with over a hundred local trades, construction and building management organisations, Acorn Health and Safety supports business in several ways including:
- Support with SSIP accreditation schemes
- Health and safety policies and documentation
- Supplier questionnaires
- Site inspections
- Construction related training
We are also a Worksafe consultant through Safety Management Advisory Services (SMAS).
Acorn Health & Safety works with organisations of all sizes, from sole traders to large building and construction firms. No matter your size or needs, our team of consultants can offer their advice and assistance to meet your business needs.
How can we help you with our practical health and safety consultancy solution?
From as little as £125 a month (+VAT) our 'Hassle Free' retained consultancy service provides a bespoke health and safety solution specific to your needs and the needs of your organisation.
Our consultants have an extensive range of experience in the construction, building management and trades sectors.
We provide ad-hoc advice and consultancy on topics where our trainers and consultants have a robust understanding of both regulatory and local authority requirements and published guidance, such as:
- RAMS preparation and reviews
- Development of health and safety management systems
- Assistance with SSIP scheme accreditation
- Audit, review and site inspections
- Emergency management and business continuity planning
- Training and development
- Qualitative Face Fit Testing (QLFT)
- Accident and incident investigation including RIDDOR Reporting
- Tender application support
- Subcontractor and supplier assessments
- Client questionnaire support
- Working with asbestos
- Site inspections/Audits
- Risk assessments
- Medical provision risk assessments
- Contractor safety and management
- Traffic management plans
- Working from height
- Fire safety
- Electrical safety
Working with you we will deliver the advice, documentation and training you need to comply with the law and meet the requirements of any accreditation schemes you wish to, or need to become an accredited member of, up to and including OHSAS 18001 standard.
How do we keep your employees safe with practical health and safety training solutions?
We offer flexible courses that provide you with the evidence of training required for CHAS, SAFEcontractor, EXOR, SMAS and Altuis and other SSIP accreditation schemes.
Your training with Acorn will efficiently ensure compliance by identifying your needs and delivering the courses you require in a timely, cost-effective fashion.
We can train your staff at our training centre in Bristol or on-site at your convenience to cause as little disruption to your staff schedules.
Our 'Toolbox Talks' are 20-minute training sessions delivered on-site to provide your employees with relevant information and knowledge at a time to suit you.
We can provide several statutory training courses on topics including first aid, fire and general safety as well as on-site training including staff inductions and contractor briefings.
We offer training in the following areas, all of which are relevant to the construction, building control management and trades sectors:
- First Aid
- Practical Fire Safety and E-Learning Fire Safety
- Practical Manual Handling and E-Learning Manual Handling
- Health and Safety and Health & Safety E-Learning
- Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Awareness E-Learning
- Workplace and Wellbeing E-Learning including Data Protection, Equality, Diversity and Discrimination, Introduction to Personal Safety for Lone Workers, Behavioural Safety and Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
- Construction, building management and trades
Whatever your health and safety needs are, our ‘Hassle Free’ retained consultancy service is here to help.
For one-off assessments or, a tailored approach, we offer a wide range of consultancy services speak to our consultants to discuss your needs.
Health and safety for Construction, Building Management and Trades businesses, made ‘Hassle Free’ with our retained consultancy service.