Education & Training
We work regularly in a variety of education settings providing a range of training and consultancy services for staff members, students and the benefit of the wider organisation to ensure compliance with statutory duties.
“I really enjoyed this course (Level 2 Paediatric First Aid). This is my 3rd time attending and although there were only a few of us, the Acorn trainer did a thorough job. He made it fun, relevant and we re-capped CPR and everything we had learnt from the 1st session on day 2. This was really beneficial. 10/10″
LR, St Barnabus Primary School, June 2018
Why do Schools, Colleges and Universities choose us?
Whether you are looking for a retained health and safety consultancy, have a pupil with particular handling needs or are looking to book first aid training for an entire staff team on an inset day, we can help.
For nearly 20 years, Acorn Health and Safety have been providing and wide range of training courses for schools and colleges across Bristol, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
This includes primary and secondary schools under local authority control, private schools, and an increasing number of academies. We also work in several colleges and special needs schools across the area.
Some of our more popular courses in this sector include:
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric first aid
- First aid at work
- Emergency first aid at work
- Handling of pupils with physical disabilities
- Administration of Medication
- Epilepsy & Buccal Midazolam
In addition, we provide a range of other courses including several accredited by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), whose courses are particularly suited to those staff members with responsibilities for health and safety, and Qualsafe, whose courses are particularly suited to those staff members with responsibilities First Aid or Food Safety.
Our trainers and consultants have a robust understanding of both regulatory (OFSTED, HSE, EYFS) and local authority requirements and guidance.
We are committed to keeping educational environments, staff and students safe but recognise that growth and development itself require a degree of risk-taking!
How can we help you with our practical health and safety consultancy solution?
Our consultancy services include;
- Our retained consultancy service
- ‘Hassle Free’ risk assessment
- Review and creation of medication policies
- Noise assessments
- The development of safe systems of work for site supervisors and maintenance staff
We also undertake fire risk assessments and can arrange for specialist assessments covering topics such as legionella, food safety and asbestos.
How can we help you with practical health and safety training solutions?
These courses are delivered by a dedicated team of experienced trainers, many of whom have worked in education as well as being parents themselves.
We offer flexible courses that comply with OFSTED requirements and EYFS standards and provide training in the following areas, all of which are relevant to the education sector:
- First Aid
- Food safety and E-Learning Food Safety
- Practical Fire Safety and E-Learning Fire Safety
- Practical Manual Handling and E-Learning Manual Handling
- Health and Safety and Health & Safety E-Learning
- Medical and Health Awareness E-Learning including Autism Awareness and Learning Disability Awareness
- Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Awareness E-Learning
- Safeguarding E-Learning
- Workplace and Wellbeing E-Learning including Data Protection in the Workplace, Equality, Diversity & Discrimination and Prevent Duty
The majority of our staff are DBS checked.
Whatever your health and safety needs are, our ‘Hassle Free’ retained consultancy service is here to help.
For one-off assessments or, a tailored approach, we offer a wide range of consultancy services speak to our consultants to discuss your needs.
Health and safety for Construction, Building Management and Trades businesses, made ‘Hassle Free’ with our retained consultancy service.