Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) – HS19
As one of the most highly respected qualifications for supervisors, the CITB accredited SSSTS course helps develop knowledge, awareness and understanding of legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites for site supervisors.
“Just wanted to say ‘thank you’ for organising this training (Level 2 Paediatric First Aid). It went really well and everyone enjoyed the course. Sarah was great, made it fun and left everyone feeling very confident in their abilities to use what they have learnt. The socially distancing worked really well and everyone felt safe.”
Why do our customers choose us?
Our courses are delivered by knowledgeable and enthusiastic consultants and trainers all of whom considerable, hands on practical experience which is reflected in our grounded, pragmatic approach.
Teaching 18,000 delegates a year, Acorn Health & Safety offer training to individuals, groups and entire staff teams. We are committed to providing excellent training delivered in a relaxed, yet informative style.
How do we approach SSSTS training?
This SSSTS is an official CITB course and is one of the most highly respected qualifications for supervisors, or people about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Health & Safety – Laws & Regulations
- Supervisory responsibilities in controlling safely
- Risk assessment and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Effective site inductions, tool box talks and method statement briefing
- Accidents on site, first aid regulations, accident reporting, RIDDOR
- Monitoring site activities safely
- The importance of using the correct PPE
- Intervening when bad practice is identified
The course content entails:
- Group presentations
- Individual presentation to the class
- Course examination, results and review
Mandatory entry requirements:
- You’ll need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge
NB: Qualification needs renewing every 5 years by attending a SSSTS Refresher course. You need to complete the refresher course before your certificate expires or you'll need to complete the full course again.
This course is of 2 days duration.
What should you expect from Acorn Health & Safety?
Delegates will be provided with a variety of printed course materials including workbooks and handouts. On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive CITB registration and the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course certificate valid for five years.
Post course our team of consultants and trainers are available to answer any questions you might have. You’ll also receive an automatic reminder prior to course expiry.
The ‘SSSTS course’ is just one of over 60 courses on offer. Acorn Health & Safety provides training and consultancy in first aid, fire safety, food safety, manual handling, healthcare training and health and safety of which we run a rolling programme of ‘open courses’ which are particularly suited for individuals or organisations that only have a few delegates or those looking to release small groups of staff at a time.
Please contact us to discuss all of your training needs so we can advise the most suitable and cost effective solution.
For other courses relevant to your industry or sector please see our industry information page, alternatively we have found that people attending this course also attend:
Not every course can be 'off the shelf'.
Our tailored health and safety training is aimed at meeting the needs of customers who have specific subjects to be covered within their health and safety staff training.
Find out more
Open Course Diary
Aimed at businesses and individuals requiring specific training or those with only a few members of staff to train our open courses run regularly throughout the year and cover a variety of different subjects.