Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) – HS19
As one of the most highly respected qualifications for supervisors, the SSSTS course helps develop knowledge, awareness and understanding of legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites.
“We had our FASET audit today and passed with flying colours thanks to the help from Sam, and him coming over and spending hours getting stuff to together with me and also doing our fire risk assessment without him it would have taken me a lot long and a nervous breakdown on the way!
So please pass on our thanks to Sam.”
Why do our customers choose us?
Our courses are delivered by knowledgeable and enthusiastic consultants and trainers all of whom considerable, hands on practical experience which is reflected in our grounded, pragmatic approach.
Teaching 18,000 delegates a year Acorn Health & Safety offer training to individuals, groups and entire staff teams we are committed to providing excellent training delivered in a relaxed, yet informative style.
How do we approach SSSTS training?
Our course programme employs a variety of teaching techniques to meet the needs of individual delegates and includes the following:
- Health and safety law, acts and regulations, codes of practice, HSE and enforcement, safety policies communication and consultation
- Developing a health and safety management system, audit and reviews, proactive and reactive monitoring
- Occupational health, noise, dust and vibration, dermatitis, asbestos, drugs and alcohol, health surveillance
- Fire prevention, joint code of practice, managing risk, HFL and LPG, extinguishers
- Risk assessment and method statements, terminology, controls, young persons
- Hazardous substances, COSHH, asbestos, lead
- Group exercises and presentations
- Construction (design and management) regulations, duty holders, control systems
- Working at height – hierarchy of control, planning, selection of equipment
- Personal protective equipment, selection and use requirement of the regulations
- Manual handling, assessment, kinetic lifting
- Accidents on site, first aid regulations, accident reporting, RIDDOR
- Waste and environmental management
- Toolbox talks, induction, communication
This course is of 2 days duration.
What should you expect from Acorn Health & Safety?
We’ll provide delegates with a variety of printed course materials including workbooks and handouts. On successful completion of this course delegates will receive CITB registration and on successful completion the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme course certificate valid for five years.
Our ‘SSSTS’ course is just one of over 60 courses we offer. Acorn Health & Safety provides training and consultancy in first aid, fire safety, food safety and manual handling, healthcare training and health and safety.
We can provide a wide variety of accredited or tailor-made courses, these can be ‘in-house’ or ‘open’ programmes.
Our ‘in-house’ programmes can be tailored to your requirements, ensuring your training is relevant and cost effective, working with you to cover multiple topics if required.
We run a rolling programme of ‘open courses’ which are great for organisations that only have a few delegates requiring training at any one time, or require training to be spread throughout the year. Please contact us to discuss all of your training needs so we can recommend the most suitable and cost effective solution.
For other courses relevant to your industry or sector please see our industry information page, alternatively we have found that people attending this course also attend:
Not every course can be 'off the shelf'.
Our tailored health and safety training is aimed at meeting the needs of customers who have specific subjects to be covered within their health and safety staff training.
Find out more
Open Course Diary
Aimed at businesses and individuals requiring specific training or those with only a few members of staff to train our open courses run regularly throughout the year and cover a variety of different subjects.