Safety Harness and Lanyard Training – HS17
The Safety harness and lanyard training course is aimed at managers, supervisors, users and buyers of harnesses and fall arrest equipment.
“One of the best sessions I have attended. Interesting, interactive and not too seriously delivered. 10/10”
Why do our customers choose us?
Many workers are issued incorrect equipment and are left with little or no protection. The training ensures that buyers and users of safety harnesses and lanyards understand the equipment they should be purchasing, issuing & using to offer full protection.
Our courses are delivered by knowledgeable and enthusiastic consultants and trainers all of whom have hands on practical experience which is reflected in our grounded, pragmatic approach.
Teaching 18,000 delegates a year, Acorn Health & Safety offer training to individuals, groups and entire staff teams. We are committed to providing excellent training delivered in a relaxed, yet informative style.
How do we approach safety harness and lanyard training?
Over the years, 8 out of 10 delegates on this course have stated that they’d been issued the wrong type of safety harness and/or lanyard which resulted in them having little or no protection.
Practical course essential for users of fall arrest equipment; also useful for supervisors and managers, business owners and buyers of PPE equipment to ensure all buyers and users of safety harness and lanyards understand which kit they should be purchasing, issuing and using to offer full protection to operatives. It also shows how to properly inspect kit.
The course includes:
- Health & Safety Laws & Regulations – understanding your legal duty including Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Responsibilities of employer and employee including the responsibility for safe inspection of equipment prior to use
- Selecting the applicable type of harness and lanyard for the intended task and their practical applications
- How to put on, fit, wear, work safely in and safely store the different types of harnesses
- Importance of regular safety harness and lanyard inspections – who is responsible and how often they must be done with examples
- Importance of issuing and using the correct Safety Harness and Lanyards and PPE and how to inspect it
- How to collate a safe rescue plan to reduce the time an operative is suspended in a harness
- Operative suspension trauma
- Delegate practical session with adjustment and fitting of harnesses and lanyards
- Test paper, questions, handouts and review
This course is of 3 hours (half day) duration.
What should you expect from Acorn Health & Safety?
Delegates will be provided with a variety of printed course materials including workbooks and handouts. On successful completion of this course delegates will receive a printed course certificate.
Post course our team of consultants and trainers are available to answer any questions you might have. You’ll also receive an automatic reminder prior to course expiry.
The ‘Safety Harness and Lanyards course’ is just one of over 60 courses on offer. Acorn Health & Safety provides training and consultancy in first aid, fire safety, food safety, manual handling, healthcare training and health and safety included in a rolling programme of ‘open courses’ which are particularly suited for individuals or organisations that only have a few delegates or those looking to release small groups of staff at a time.
Please contact us to discuss all of your training needs so we can advise the most suitable and cost effective solution.
For other courses, relevant to your industry or sector please see our industry information page, alternatively we have found that people attending this course also attend:
Not every course can be 'off the shelf'.
Our tailored health and safety training is aimed at meeting the needs of customers who have specific subjects to be covered within their health and safety staff training.
Find out more
Open Course Diary
Aimed at businesses and individuals requiring specific training or those with only a few members of staff to train our open courses run regularly throughout the year and cover a variety of different subjects.