This month we have featured the Go Home Healthy campaign by the HSE focusing on Work related stress.
In conjunction with this, we have devised a few ‘New Years’ resolutions for businesses: small steps that can improve health, safety and welfare at work and help take away some of those everyday stresses:
- Test the fire alarms every week
- Check emergency lighting once a month
- Check the first aid kit once a month (is everything in date?)
- Take a break from PC monitors and undertake a different task to give your eyes a rest every hour. Even if it’s doing the dreaded filing
- Eat lunch – away from your desk! Why not take a stroll and take in some fresh air?
- Have a glass or bottle of fresh water on your desk. Aim for atleast 2 litres per day
- Go and speak to the person sat opposite you or in the office next door, don’t e-mail them!
- De-clutter your work area; remove spare shoes from under your desk, don’t put things on the floor
- If you see something that is broken or needs fixing; report it, don’t just assume someone else will
Let’s see how long you can make these last!
Happy New Year
Contact us or call us on 0117 958 2070 for any Health & Safety Requirements